How To Do The Business Of Social Media Basketball Influencer In 2020 - Beginner's Guide

Hey, basketball players coach fans, and whoever is interested in really turning basketball into a career there are multiple different careers that you could take in basketball. 


How To Do Rhe Business Of Social Media Basketball Influencer In 2020 - Beginner's Guide



There's a player which really hard takes a lot of dedication there's also being a coach which could take a lot of dedication and a lot of learning depending on if you want to go pro or not there are a lot of at least in the united states a lot of high school jobs that can pay a little bit. 


How To Do The Business Of Social Media Basketball Influencer In 2020 - Beginner's Guide


It's not usually great pay but it's enough to uh just enough to cover your time at least when you're coaching that team but then there are social media and that is what we're going to be talking about today so social media is a massive business and today I'm going to be really breaking it down and I'll be breaking down my business as well so number one something that I've been running since I was in high school which is one on one or one for and plus a group of kids. 


Basketball training one-on-one is kind of my biggest thing and that is for local players here in Ontario uh really technically Hamilton Burlington Oakville this small little area and I do pretty well now there are a few trainers here but since covet started they have been kind of dropping away and getting and trying to find other jobs because at least for a while there were zero clients available because everything was shut down. 


We couldn't even we were not even technically allowed to see our own family which was really bad but um some of us still visited our family and still seen our family we didn't really care none of us got sick but I'm not getting into the whole COVID thing but today I'm going to be breaking down the business. 


So let's get down to the whiteboard let's check out basically my business and what your business could be as well okay so here on my whiteboard I have one on one training and youtube these are my two biggest revenue generators obviously if you want to live in this world you need money so you need to talk about revenue now one-on-one training was huge for me now it is a little bit less this year but generally speaking this is about 25 of my earnings generally speaking and then I have youtube which is got a whole bunch of different revenue streams. 


So number one is basketball coach Allen which is the channel you're currently watching we'll call this BCA basketball coach Allen and off of basketball coach Allen I have ad revenue which is those pre-roll ads that you get to watch I'm sorry by the way and then after ads which are easily I would say about 60ish call it 50 that is 50 total out of everything that I do is youtube ads now this 50 number is not just equaling up BCA that's my other channels as well uh putting into that mix and then I have merchandise sales which are those things that you see on the bottom shelf underneath this article. 


Social Media Basketball Influencer In 2020


Then after merch, I have books now these books currently consist of two basketball defense books so we'll say 2x defense and then I also have a vertical jump training book so we'll call that jump now out of the book sales that creates easily another roughly I would say about 20 of my total revenue so after youtube basketball coach Allen I also have football coach Allen. 


Social Media Basketball Influencer In 2020



I put the ca for coach and then I also have coach Allen gaming which is now newly monetized as well so basically out of the whole business I have one-on-one training which is one revenue stream and then I've got youtube which then goes down to three other revenue streams so that in case one of these revenue streams drops off. 


I still have something that can still support what I am doing now if you're trying to be a social media influencer when it comes to basketball there are many different routes that you can take you don't have to take the route that I took which is the training teaching of players and coaches you could do what so many others have done which is go and try to find other players to play against and make videos of you playing three on three games one-on-one games but for that, you have to be super healthy which I am not obviously. 


My weight but I've had two knee surgeries one major and I just cannot keep up with players anymore however at the same time you may be able to so by me breaking down my revenue streams as myself giving you some information I hope that you can use that to your advantage so if you're a young player you could actually become a social media influencer. 


You need to try and do something different than everybody else don't go out there and say hey I'm gonna be that guy who's just playing one-on-one all day no you have to do something different you could there are so many different ways you just have to be different so for yourself. 


There's a lot of YouTubers right now who are doing daily vlogs a lot of which are not being successful because that's an oversaturated market and then there's a market where there are people playing one on one and group uh three on three-five on five games and they're doing well it's I don't think it's oversaturated just yet but there are probably a good 50 to 100 channels that are doing it right now that are getting some traction. 


So it's getting to the point of over-saturation but that's just my own opinion and then what they're what there isn't just yet that I haven't seen yet is the small young player who's in his 12 13 14 15 years old or whatever documenting his training every single day to be able to get to the NBA so think about it if you were really interested in becoming an NBA player would you go back and look at what the documentation or the history of somebody like LeBron James Michael Jordan any of those players who grew up and obviously. 


They had a lot of obstacles in front of the Michael Jordan never made his grade 9 basketball team Lebron James was technically homeless at one point if you could document what you do every single day or maybe every other day or a couple times a week up until the point of being somewhere and you became an NBA player. 


I can guarantee you right now a lot of younger players are going to be looking at those old tapes to see what you did so that they can emulate what you did to become an NBA player I haven't seen anybody yet who has been able to do that there were stealth skills from Oakville who sort of did that he had some backyard articles and he made it to the NBA but there wasn't a documented line if you go watch somebody like garyvee. 


He documented his whole journey to build his company you could do the same thing about yourself being an NBA player anyways these are my thoughts I thought I would break this down for you for anybody who's really interested in the social media aspect of uh it's just basketball influencers um I wouldn't say that I'm an influencer. 


Conclusion


I like to say that I'm a trainer instead but as you can see here most of my revenue does come from social media and this is kind of a blueprint I guess you could say on what you could do so I am releasing more books coming very soon I am releasing a complete five out offense book complete with plays drills and knowledge on just how to play different positions so anyways I hope that this article.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post